Monday, May 21, 2012

A few things to do to prepare for a short/local vacation.

As my last post was not noted as "international" but contrued as one, this list is a prep for local/short trips. A follow up if you will, mind you I don't do short/local trips as I prefer to go out of state and stay a while if I am going on vacation. Some things may be repeated but very important to remember.

1. Contact kennel or sitter for pets you dont want to have trouble getting your animal a place to stay at the last minute.
2. Depending on how long you're going away you might want to put a stop to your major deliveries because it would help to avoid mail/delivery loss.
2a. Lock all windows and doors so not to get robbed while away.
3. Plan your trip: Prepare yourself especially for a short trip making sure you know when your doing what is always a stress reliever.
3a. Map out your drive so to avoid trouble and get where you are going especially in an uncharted area that you aren't familiar with.
3b. Check out local transits so you are not always driving and you can relax.
3c. Look into places you've never been before to enjoy the entire vacation.
4. Cell phone earpiece is essential when/if you are driving to your destinations. You don't want to receive an unexpected ticket while out.
5. Look up things to do in the area of interest.
6. check the weather reports, be sure to pack for unexpected weather, "Better safe than sorry."
7. Inform any friends/family if you'll be in their area so not to get upset calls when you return.

Of course I'm probably forgetting something or a few things but these are a few touch base items.

Also; ENJOY your vacation and have a good time you've earned it after all the planning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are all excellent suggestions! I tend to agree with several aspects on your list, as I too like my trip to be planned out a little bit. I don't plan my trip so much that there is no room for improvisation, but having structure is important.

Like you, I used to really enjoy taking longer trips, but as I found that less likely to be an option for me as I got older, I now try to seek several short escapes a year. I'm hoping, Sunday, to have a cabin or something like that which would allow me to have frequent weekend getaways.

Kirstin TD said...

I frequently take short local trips as well as out of state trips, but never internationally myself. I am jealous that you are able to get out of the country and experience new diversities so frequently. When the sun begins to shine I go east almost every weekend. Packing has become so perfunctory to me that I tend not to think about what I am throwing in my bags, but always wind up with exactly what I need. I also don’t tend to plan my trips. I like to live in the moment and on a whim go where a please with my camera in tow but I do like to know what exactly I will be around so I can decide to venture to it.